How To Add A Pop Of Colour To Your Capsule Wardrobe.
In my last post Wardrobe Essentials ~ The 7 key pieces for every closet. You learnt how to streamline your closet, and to strip everything back to a basic skeleton of go-to items.
If you missed it click here to follow the first step!
In this post you will be learning how to add colour to your closet to really bring it to life, this will help:
- Make dressing easier
- You always look put together and stylish every day.
- Always have matching items to hand.
- You spend less money on clothes
- Make clothes shopping far easier
- To Stop impulse purchases and unworn clothes
- Wear comfortable clothes all day every day.
Adding your Colour!
This is the fun bit!
- Go to your closet and pick out your favourite outfit, the one which makes you feel fabulous.
- Now pick out a few other favourite pieces.
- Lay them all out on the bed and take a good look at them, do they all contain the same pop of colour?
- If they do have a colour which stands out to you, you’ll probably find that this is the colour pop you’ve been looking for to add to your closet and you can eliminate the rest. We tend to wear colours which make us feel good.
- If you are struggling to find some colour inspiration have a look at some colour pallets to see how colours work together.
Once you’ve chosen your pop of colour you can begin to add items to your wardrobe in your chosen colour such as a pop of blush pink as featured here. You will only need to add a few carefully chosen pieces to wear with your basic wardrobe to create lots of fantastic outfits. Try to use as many items from your closet to avoid having to splash the cash!
All of the items I have chosen as an example work well with the 4 base colours we visited in my last post simply because I have not ventured out with the colours I have chosen.
Every item I have chosen is either plain or has one or more of my base colours , this makes it super easy to throw together a stylish, matching outfit in no time , no matter the weather, climate or occasion, everything goes together, casual or smart, the possible outfits are endless, and shopping is effortless.
As you can see you could be adventurous with your choice of patterns as long as they don’t venture away from your choice of base colours.
It’s important to have only a few shoes which will go with every outfit you create, depending on your lifestyle.
Patterned shoes are also ok, as long as you stick to your colours.
Studs, spikes, fur, prints and sequins can give your look an edgier feel and make you feel fabulous darling!
You’ll also like
How To Organise Your Life, One Reason You Suck At Being Organised