Wardrobe Essentials ~ The 7 Key Pieces For Every Closet
Today we are going to talk about wardrobe essentials.
I like to think of these closet essentials as the building blocks of your wardrobe, the glue that holds the rest of your wardrobe together.
Why you need to streamline your wardrobe.
Streamlining your wardrobe helps you to
- Get dressed quickly and easily
- Look put together and stylish every single time you get dressed.
- Always match.
- Keep fewer items in your wardrobe.
- Spend less on clothes.
- Make clothes shopping easier.
- Stop impulse purchases
- Be comfortable all day, every day.
First, choose your four base colours. Let’s get started!
Most of us live in jeans every day, and we wear them for almost every occasion.
- At home with the kids
- On a night out
- To a restaurant
- To work
- For yard work
- A darker, smart pair of jeans for evenings out, a wider leg looks great with wedges for extra comfort.
- Turn-ups, look great in the winter with ankle boots and a long chunky cardigan.
- Boyfriend/slouchy jeans are perfect for being at home with the kids, throwing on for the school run and sitting about at after-school activities.
- Skinny jeans are an excellent all-around jean for most occasions and a great basic to have.
Unless you work in an office, you may not wear pants very much.
Including a couple of straight legs and wide leg trousers into your closet will allow you to create some fabulous casual looks and is also a great place to start to venture away from jeans.
- Long shirts
- Slouchy jumpers
- Slouchy cardigans
if accessorised well, they look great, with a bonus of being super comfortable.
There will be a few key pieces you need in your wardrobe to mix and match together, and they are great for layering too.
- Short-sleeved t-shirts
- Long-sleeved t-shirts
- Cardigans or jumpers if preferred.
You will have plenty of time to play about with colour later on so keep your base colours very simple and make sure they work well together!
In my next post, How To Add A Pop Of Colour To Your Capsule Wardrobe, we cover the next steps you need to follow to add a splash of colour to your newly streamlined wardrobe, click here to read it now!
You’ll also like
Follow me on Instagram for daily motivation!
Follow me on Pinterest for more organising ideas!
Want my FREE checklists?
Pin for later!