Slow Down, Switch Off and Get Stuff Done !
If you could do anything in the world right now, what would it be?
Do you dream of the simple life?
Do you long to slow down?
Do you wish you had more time to:
- Write a best-selling book,
- Take up golf.
- Become a black belt in Martial Arts.
- Run up a mountain.
- Keep in touch with friends and family more often.
- Volunteer for a charity.
- Spend quality time with the kids.
- Start a business.
- Start a blog.
If you are making the excuse that you haven’t got time to get started on your goals, then think again!
You most probably have more spare time than you think!
Society has found itself sucked into a technology black hole.
It is the age of the selfie generation where people contort their faces into an unrecognisable form in competition with other self-obsessed selfie-takers in a never-ending social media battle of the selfies.
We have a Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, the Instagram generation where some people can’t go out for a meal without posting photos of their food, their first drink of the evening, or the full-length selfie of the outfit they are wearing.
They can’t climb a mountain, go for a family day out or visit the park, without making sure everyone knows they were there.
Then we have the gaming generation who play games which are so addictive, that people are unable to tear themselves away long enough to eat a meal with the family.
We have a never-ending stream of television which bombards us with hundreds of thousands of adverts, which we can live pause, rewind, repeat.
It’s easy to say switch off, but how can we and why should we slow down.
How can I slow down, I’m a busy mum?
- Give up one thing at a time
- Delete your Facebook App.
- Put your phone in a drawer and leave it there for a few hours untouched.
- Watch one programme then switch off the TV
- Have a ‘no phone in bed’ rule and stick to it.
- Take the TV out of the bedroom.
- Stop taking selfies and start taking photos of your family instead, that’s where the real memories are.
- Turn off notifications for everything.
- Try leaving your phone in the car or at home when you go out.
- Find some time to switch off, and enjoy.
Be yourself, smile in photos, that duck face pose or Snapchat filter is going to be excruciatingly embarrassing in ten years time. Chill out, be you.
Eat with the family, enjoy your food and drink uninterrupted by selfies, texts and calls.
Go where you’re going without worrying that everyone knows you’re there.
Spend time with the kids without letting everyone know what an amazing parent you are.
Stop wasting time on social media, watching TV or taking selfies and see how much time you gain in your day to do the things you’ve always dreamed of!
What are the benefits of slowing down and switching off?
- You’ll create so much more time to do the things on your list.
- You’ll enjoy the little moments and create real memories with your family.
- You’ll stop worrying about what other people think, and you’ll find yourself living in the moment.
- You’ll stop competing
- You’ll stop complaining.
You’ll also like
Would you like our FREE checklists?
Why not pin it?