My Secret To Organizing School Papers!
Why we need to organize school paperwork.
Firstly, let’s look at how much paper arrives through our door from school and how we usually deal with it.
- Party invitations ~ these arrive in your house in copious amounts and either get stuck to the fridge or end up in a heap with all the other piles of paperwork which you need to trawl through and organise. One week before the party you panic that you haven’t replied to the invitation and frantically search through the items in a pile only to find the invitation is missing and has ended up who knows where!
- Parent events and parent evening letters, you think you’ll remember the date, then panic at the last minute and realise it was yesterday!
- School sports activities, you didn’t write it down and you need to book the time off work but can’t find the paperwork!
- School calendars who has time put that in a diary?
- World book day letters and many other non-uniform messages these are often found in the bottom of a book bag the day before the event.
- School project with deadlines letter, you forgot to write it down, you assume your child will remember, they don’t until the day before its due in.
- School competition letters, stick it in the pile you’ve got ages yet!
- school trip letters, you realise on the morning of the trip that you’ve got no bread for the packed lunch you were supposed to make!
The list is endless, but they do all have one thing in common, either you need to sign for it, pay for it, attend it or it has a deadline!
Oh and you can multiply the quantity of paperwork by the number of children you have at school!
Q. So, how do I start organizing school paperwork?
Ok, so here is a super quick way to start organizing school papers which is mobile and accessible at any time of the day or night.
I have a super easy plan to keep it all organised and it’s it so simple it is genius!
- Write the event straight into your diary, or on the calendar. I prefer to use my phone’s calendar because I always have it with me, and can see at a glance what I’m doing if needed.
- File all of those bits of paper immediately, I will be showing you the best method to do this in a moment!
- Reply to any invitations immediately! I can guarantee if you leave it, you won’t reply until its almost too late and you’ll be scrambling around at the last minute looking for an invitation with the number on it!
You will need :
A page a day planner.
firstly check the date of the even on your school paperwork.
In this case, it would be Wednesday 18th October at 4 pm
4 ) Find the corresponding page in your diary.
5) Fold to A5 size if necessary then staple the invitation or letter etc. to the corresponding diary page.
And that is it!
You now have a filing system you can take with you on the go and one which is easily accessible user-friendly, and super organised and super cheap!
At the beginning of each week make sure you check what is coming up in your planner so you can:
- Make sure you have presents bought and wrapped for upcoming parties
- See which events you have coming up.
- Put money in envelopes ready to take to school
- Sign any forms and have prepared to return to school.
- Double check times and venues of parties and sporting events.
It is my version of a tickle file just without the cumbersome box file!
Any miscellaneous notes which don’t have a specific date but you keep for reference are stapled into the notes bit at the back of the diary!
This system works well with keeping receipts and coupons too!
You’ll also like