We have all probably got one or have had one …
The junk drawer, aptly named because it’s the drawer where you stick all the stuff you can’t be bothered to put away.
We use the excuse that we need to keep “it” in this drawer because it’s “handy”. Not so handy having to dig through reams of other junk when we need “it” though is it?
- Let’s examine the typical contents of the junk drawer.
- Tape measure… Should be in the toolbox.
- Phone chargers …. Should be at the charging station.
- Sticky tape … Should be with the stationary.
- Pens … Should also be with the stationary.
- Nail clippers …. Should be with the nail stuff.
- Random keys … Should be on the key hook.
- Random cables … Should be in the cable box.
- Hair bobbles . … Should be in the bedroom
- Medicine …. Medicine cabinet
You catch my drift…..
How to get rid of the junk drawer in one easy step!
Everything residing in your junk drawer belongs somewhere else in the home.
Tip it all out and go and put it all away. No more trying to organise the junk drawer, just go and put it all away.
Now, use the newly empty drawer to get something off your countertops or surfaces and out of sight and voila you’ve killed two birds with one stone!
If you enjoyed this post you may also like
- How I Started Living With Less.
- 6 Simple Tips You Need To Follow To Stop Yourself Buying More Stuff
- How To Organise Your Kitchen Like A Professional.
- What I Keep In My Cleaning Kit
- FREE BLOG CHECKLIST LIBRARY
Want my FREE checklists?