How To Declutter The Junk Drawer In One Easy Step!
How to declutter the junk drawer in one easy step
The junk drawer, aptly named because it’s the drawer where you stick all the stuff you can’t be bothered to put away.
We use the excuse that we need to keep “it” in this drawer because it’s “handy”.
Not so handy having to dig through reams of other junk when we need “it” though is it?
Let’s examine the typical contents of the junk drawer.
- Tape measure ~ Should be in the toolbox.
- Phone chargers ~Should be at the charging station.
- Sticky tape ~ Should be with the stationary.
- Pens ~ Should also be with the stationary.
- Nail clippers ~ Should be with the nail stuff.
- Random keys ~ Should be on the key hook.
- Random cables ~ Should be in the cable box.
- Hair bobbles ~ Should be in the bedroom
- Medicine ~ Medicine cabinet
Do you catch my drift?
How to declutter the junk drawer
Everything residing in your junk drawer belongs somewhere else in the home.
Tip it all out and go and put it all away. No more trying to organise the junk drawer, just go and put it all away.
Now, use the newly empty drawer to get something off your countertops or surfaces and out of sight, and voila you’ve killed two birds with one stone!
If you’re looking for motivation to start decluttering, the junk drawer is a great place to start, it’s a five-minute job which will free up space in your kitchen.
As you start to declutter your junk drawer you should start to realise that we often just shove things where they don’t belong when we are in a hurry, this is the slippery slope of clutter and the reason most of us can’t stay organised. Having a drawer solely dedicated to “junk” is fooling ourselves into believing that it’s ok just to shove things in the nearest drawer or cupboard.
Let’s break this habit today, starting with decluttering the junk drawer!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like
- How I Started Living With Less.
- One Reason You Suck At Being Organised And How To Fix It In One Easy Step
- How To Organise Your Kitchen Like A Professional.
- FREE Pantry Staples Checklist To Help You With Your Meal Planning!
- Meal Planning For Beginners, A Step By Step Guide With Free Templates
- The Minimalists